|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
OTHER ITA SITES:
Achieve Anything, One Step at a Time
No matter how ambitious your goal, you CAN achieve it. You do it by taking one little step at a time. Here are a few tips to help you:
1. Visualize Your Goal: The first step is to create a mental picture of your goal. Get very clear on what you want. Are you gaining a new skill? Hitting a new revenue goal? Landing a new important client? See and feel it.
2. Define Your Goal: Be very precise and write your goal down. Outline how much and by when. Add in specific information and resources (money, marketing materials, software, etc.) you will need to acquire to achieve your goal.
3. Post It: Put your goal in a place you can easily see it: next to your desk, on your mirror, in your wallet… Read it several times throughout each day.
4. Support: Who can help you achieve your goal? Who are your cheerleaders? List the people and companies you will need to contact for assistance.
5. Make a Plan: When a goal seems too big, we tend to procrastinate because it is too overwhelming. Breaking it down and focusing on one piece at a time makes large goals more attainable. Develop a series of action steps with dates attached. As you finish each task, check it off and acknowledge yourself.
That’s it — five simple steps to achieve anything. As you move along, enjoy the journey. You are learning, growing, and accomplishing. Take time to appreciate your progress. Reaching a goal does not happen by accident. It is a series of intentional small steps, proper planning, and a stubborn commitment to make it happen.
ACTION STEP: Why not begin right now? What do you really want to achieve? Write down your goal. You CAN do it!
Copyright 2005 Kinesis, Inc.
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure