|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
OTHER ITA SITES:
9 Tips For A Better Life
1. Be grateful: start or end every day by appreciating what you have rather than what you donít have. Make a ritual of it: ďIím grateful for ..Ē Do this 5 times, listing a different thing each time.
2. Put your fork or your sandwich down between mouthfuls. This way you are likely to eat less and enjoy your food more.
3. Talk to a friend Ė not by email, but over the phone, or better still get together.
4. Sit at the table to eat, but clear the table of bills, things to do, etc. It doesnít help your digestion, looking at your unpaid bills while you eat.
5. Walk (or jog or run) a little more. You should be taking 10,000 steps a day, but most people are only taking 3,000 to 4,000. Buying a pedometer will help to keep your motivation up.
6. Drink more water. Itís good for your skin, helps you to avoid constipation, and may help you to lose weight as we often misinterpret the bodyís thirst request as a food request.
7. Volunteer to help someone else. Research shows that we live longer and happier lives if we spend time helping others rather than just thinking about ourselves.
8. Have a laugh. Buy yourself a childís joke book, and indulge, or buy a bubble making machine and run around after the bubbles (see tip 5)
9. Look at the sky. Research has shown that people in hospital make a better recovery if they can see the sky from their hospital beds. Why wait to be ill? Enjoy it now.
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B