|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
OTHER ITA SITES:
A Few Tips for Camping Newbies
A little forethought and organization will payoff in a great memorable adventure for that next outdoors excursion you may have planned.
* Depending upon your adventure [ hiking/canoeing/car camping ] don’t take along every thing including the kitchen sink, that’s why you go camping in the first place; to get away from it all !…….but always allow for the worst thing that could happen because sometimes it will; freezing cold, sick kids,pouring rain,insect pests,strong winds can all spoil a great time if you are not prepared for the worst and always take along the sunscreen/hat and mozzie repellent.
* If you need to travel light you may be better off carrying food types that don’t need to be cooked; the midday meal should be quick and easy for everybody especially with canoeing activities etc and keep the cooking for around the campfire or portable stove at night; try to minimize the eco impact and keep to the established cooking areas.[ be aware of fire bans ]
* Make sure you have all the requisites for a good nights sleep like a mosquito net,mosquito coils and a quick fill air mattress or pad, nothing worse than a bad nights sleep.
* Be eco friendly and take your rubbish away with you unless there are rubbish facilities available and when going to the toilet if you need to dig a hole, make it nice and deep and away from the beaten track;think of your fellow campers.
* Always be considerate of fellow campers,don’t smoke out your neighbours with your camp fire or camp too close and keep the noise down to a minimum as we all enjoy a quiet nights sleep and a little privacy , if you must use a generator for electricity be mindful of the eco impact of both noise and spillage of fuels and oils.
* At packup time your camp site should look as if you were never there;make sure your gear is packed correctly , nice and dry, otherwise you will need to dry it out when you get home , because any damp material gear will get smelly and mouldy and possibly rot away .
* Obviously these notes are only a very broad outline….but you have to start somewhere……..
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure