| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us |
This site is an archive of old articles


vertical line

Common Household Things That Will End The Life Of Your Dog

Dogs are omnivorous and curious animal and like to explore their world by chewing. Some dogs even grow into such a permanent habit of chewing anything in their way which may be disastrous. A dog owner must train their dog to stop chewing anything that comes on their way and also must remove those common household things listed below which could be fatal for your dog.

Some of the deadly household items for your dog are;

1. Bleach which is very toxic to dogs and if ingested will cause drooling, vomiting, and abdominal pain.

2. Moth Balls that contain an insecticide are very dangerous for your dog. If ingested they causes liver failure, central nervous system excitement and seizures and symptoms like vomiting and seizures are involved.

3. Antifreeze that smells and tastes very sweet to your dog and is very appealing to him contains toxic Ethylene glycol. Symptoms like seizures, vomiting, stumbling and lethargy leading to kidney failure can be seen if consumed.

4. Chocolate especially Baking chocolate and Dark chocolate are toxic for your dog even if consumed in a small quantity leading to poisoning and death. Symptoms include vomiting, diarrhea, increased urination, and increased activity which can further lead to seizures and unusual heart rhythms.

5. Many common household plants are also toxic to if consumed for instance poinsettias, lilies, ferns, devil's ivy, aloe, and ivy. Vomiting and central nervous system excitement are the symptoms shown on consumptions.
6. Consumptions of Tylenol tablets disable the efficiency of the proper liver enzymes to break down acetaminophen those results in drooling, lethargy, and abdominal pain.

7. Seeds and pits of many fruits have also been proved to be harmful to dogs. Drooling, vomiting,
and lethargy are certain signs of poisoning.

8. Fabric Softeners are more toxic then other detergents and symptoms on consumptions
are vomiting, lethargy, burns to the mouth, drooling, muscle weakness, and even coma.

9. Consumptions of Watch Batteries and Alkaline Batteries can cause a potentially fatal ulceration in the stomach within 12 hours. Symptoms of toxicity include drooling, lack of appetite, vomiting, and lethargy.

10. Boric acid present in mouthwash or contact lens solution or denture cleaner is highly toxic to dogs and symptoms on consumptions are vomiting, drooling, seizures, and coma.

Rush to veterinary for help without delaying if you notice any above mentioned symptoms. Equip yourself with knowledge by visiting the veterinary school websites where you could find lists of things that are toxic to dogs and steps you should take at that moment. Moreover try to stick to the old adage " prevention is better than cure."

Submitted by:

Peter John

http://www.dogs-palace.com http://www.dogs-palace.com/order.html




ARTICLE CATEGORIES

Aging
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Automotive
Business
Business and Finance
Cancer Survival
Classifieds
Computers and Internet
Education
Family
Finances
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Gardening
Health
Hobbies
Home Improvement
Home Management
Humor
Jobs
Kids and Teens
Leadership
Legal
Legal B
Marketing
Men
Music and Movies
Online Business
Parenting
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Relationships
Religion and Faith
Self Improvement
Site Promotion
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B
Web Development
Women
Writing



http://www.articlesurfing.com/pets/common_household_things_that_will_end_the_life_of_your_dog.html
Copyright © 1995-2016 Photius Coutsoukis (All Rights Reserved).