|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
OTHER ITA SITES:
7 Activities Moms Can do With Their Sons
I have the distinct privilege of being Mom to both a son and a daughter. There’s no question that I love my children equally but often it’s much easier to connect with my daughter, due to the obvious fact that we’re both girls.
My son, on the other hand, likes to do different things than my daughter and I do. Hard to believe he doesn’t like to get his nails done, go shopping, or do crafts, I know. As his mom, however, I want to be sure to seize as many bonding moments with him as I do with my daughter.
Here are a few ideas for activities moms can enjoy with their sons. Because all boys are not created equal, this list is by no means exclusive. There are a gazillion things you’re your boys may like to do that are not included here. But these are the things I’ve found that help me to connect with my own son.
1. For the Sports-Minded – Whether tickets to a ball game or shooting hoops in the driveway, you’ll score some major points by integrating sports into your time together. My son’s favorite sport is tennis and we often take to the courts for a game or two. Sometimes he even wins!
2. For the Adventurous – Even if you don’t particularly relish the thought of skydiving, rock climbing or bungee jumping, allowing him to participate in an adventurous activity like these will not only get his adrenaline pumping but will immediately put you on the “cool mom” list.
3. For the Action-Oriented – I played laser tag for the first time on my son’s thirteenth birthday and I had a blast! Guys love the chance to play Rambo and practice their shooting skills. If you haven’t tried laser tag or paint ball, give it a shot. You may just discover a new way to connect with the target – your son’s heart.
4. For the Comedian – If your guy loves to laugh and joke around, how about taking him to a comedy club? Check out comedy clubs that cater to teens. There are also plenty of Christian Improv groups who appear in local churches. Another option is heading to the movie theater to see the latest comedy. Just be sure to check out www.pluggedinonline.com to see whether the content is suitable for your son.
5. For the Hungry Man – All the guys I know love to eat! While many boys aren’t really into baking, if you ask them to help you whip up a big batch of brownies, you’ll probably be surprised at how quickly they show up in the kitchen. Baking (or cooking) together provides a great opportunity to get to your son’s heart through his stomach.
6. For the Creative – If your son is musical, consider tickets to a concert. If he loves to paint, surprise him with a trip to your local art gallery. Is he a writer? Take him to a book signing of an author he enjoys.
7. For the Gamer – Spend the day at an arcade. Shoot pool, play air hockey or try your hand at a few popular video games. Ask your son to teach you how to play. This gives him a chance to show off his knowledge and will help bring your relationship to another level.
Relating to your son is not always easy. But by taking an interest into an activity he loves, you’ll be on your way to bonding in a new and exciting way. And who knows? You may just find a new favorite hobby along the way.
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B