An Ode To Dad
(NC)-For over a hundred years, we have dedicated the third Sunday in June to honour dear ol' Dad. This year, treat Dad like a king and honour him in style. Yvonne Diesing, DockersŪ Brand Manager, provides the following gift ideas to help make this Father's Day perfect for him:
- Grill him - Present Dad with a new set of accessories for his outdoor grill. Make his day by breaking them in and creating his all-time favourite meal.
- Score a hole in one - Treat him to an afternoon at the driving range or play a round of golf together. A new putter or a new outfit, such as a pair of shorts and a pique tipped V-neck shirt from DockersŪ, is always a hit.
- A little 'R&R' - Let Dad enjoy his day in peace and quiet. Wrap up a CD and the latest best seller from his favourite author with a 'Do Not Disturb' sign attached.
- Take him out to the ballgame - Enjoy quality time with Dad and treat him to a day at the ballpark with tickets to a baseball game.
- Dad the Explorer - A pair of DockersŪ khaki pants make a perfect gift for travel-lovers. They are wrinkle resistant and offer easy-care and stress-free packing, and are available in an array of styles and colours for every type of Dad.
- Get creative - Make Dad something special just for him - a hand-made frame with a picture of the two of you, a personalized coffee mug or T-shirt, or a delicious breakfast in bed, complete with the sports section!
- For the 'Gadget Guy' - A pair of DockersŪ Mobile Pants™ with 'invisible' storage pockets is designed specifically to accommodate the on-the-go guy while maintaining the same comfortably tailored look and feel of classic DockersŪ.
No matter what you decide to give Dad this Father's Day, make sure to include some quality time with him and show him what a great guy he is.
To locate the Dockers retailer nearest you call 1-800-DOCKERS.
News Canada provides a wide selection of current, ready-to-use copyright free news stories and ideas for Television, Print, Radio, and the Web.
News Canada is a niche service in public relations, offering access to print, radio, television, and now the Internet media, with ready-to-use, editorial "fill" items. Monitoring and analysis are two more of our primary services. The service supplies access to the national media for marketers in the private, the public, and the not-for-profit sectors. Your corporate and product news, consumer tips and information are packaged in a variety of ready-to-use formats and are made available to every Canadian media organization including weekly and daily newspapers, cable and commercial television stations, radio stations, as well as the Web sites Canadians visit most often. Visit News Canada and learn more about the NC services.
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure