|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
OTHER ITA SITES:
10 Simple Steps to Become a Hot Stones Massage Therapist
Are you looking for your first career, or searching for a new career? One of my favorite films about jobs is “Office Space.” The movie is about a protagonist named Peter, who gets promoted after trying to get fired. In the end, he realizes that job satisfaction is much more important than any other aspect of an occupation. None of us lies on our deathbed wishing that we had worked another day in our lives. But is it impossible to find a dream job?
Life is short
Health is wealth
If you are interested in joining the healthcare industry, have you considered becoming a therapeutic massage therapist? Through various types of massages, such as massages with hot stones, you can help to make the world a healthier and more relaxed place. Here are some considerations you should make, before launching your career as a massage therapist:
1. Questions, questions. Are you a caring person? Do you like working with others? Can you “connect” with people? Can you work in an extremely quiet environment? Can you work with minimum supervision? If you answered “yes” to these questions, then massage therapy might be the perfect job for you!
2. Meeting the requirements. Keep in mind that various towns, cities, and states have unique professional requirements for massage therapists.
3. A whole new world. Determine what types of massages you want to specialize in. Do you want to focus on hot stones massages or Swedish massages? Does practicing medical, pregnancy, or animal massages (Yes, even Fluffy and Fido get sore muscles) interest you in particular?
4. School of massage. After locating several massage training schools and programs through the phone book and Internet, find one that meets your persona and needs.
5. Guinea pig massages. Friends, family members, and local organizations are excellent sources to get vital experience as a massage therapist.
6. Be your own boss. Having your own business means more control and more responsibilities, so determine if it is right for you.
7. Landing a job. Find massage therapist jobs through your massage training school or program, newspapers, and the Internet. Also, health clubs, spas, medical clinics and companies need massage therapists.
8. Obtain and retain clients. Remember that the best advertising is through professional and personal referrals. Via outstanding customer service, you can retain your clients.
9. Be (more) professional. Reading magazines and books, taking classes, and receiving massages with hot stones yourself, will help to improve your professional career as a massage therapist.
10. Care for yourself before caring for others. Here are some tips to keep you fit:
• Eat at least three healthy meals per day.
Starting or changing careers can seem like a daunting task. But with some careful research and planning, it can become a piece of cake. Working as a therapist for massage stone massages can become one of the most rewarding experiences in life. It will not rub you the wrong way!
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B