|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
OTHER ITA SITES:
5 Simple Tips To Make Your Trade Show Display A Success
Choose An Ideal Location – Before booking your booth, ask to see a floor plan and choose your booth location based on one of four things:
1. A location close to an entrance is perhaps the best booth space, but they typically tend to be booked faster than most others for obvious reasons
2. A corner location is also ideal as you get traffic from two or four different directions. These two are generally among the first booked.
3. A location close to a washroom or entertainment area can be strategic as while you may not garner traffic on the way to these facilities, prospects are more relaxed when headed in the other direction.
4. In the event that you can’t get a space close to an entrance, on a corner or near an entertainment or washroom facility, a location close to a “Marquis” name who is not a direct competitor. They will tend to have a larger both and draw more audience share, providing an opportunity to capture prospects on the way in, or out.
Give Yourself Enough Time – Planning for a trade show display, particularly in a small company can be one of those things that slips under the radar. Remember you are representing your company in an industry forum, perhaps more than any other time, this is when to put your best foot forward.
1. If you lack either time or internal resources, outsource to a professional. Whether you build a booth or simply rent one, a full-service trade show display company can be your best friend. Good full-service trade show display companies are aware of the pitfalls and the opportunities and will guide you accordingly.
2. Understand that a trade show is a sales opportunity and set goals and objectives based on your investment. Whether in new accounts or new leads set an objective and plan accordingly. An attendee list is the best way to start prospecting.
3. Prepare your display materials. Your display company can again be your best friend here as they can assist in preparing the materials that fit with your overall image and can ensure you have all the materials you typically require.
Staff According To Your Needs – Whether for a new product launch, or for lead generation, the worst mistake you can make is not staffing accordingly.
1. A new product launch is feature and benefits rich and as such should be handled by marketing staff.
2. For lead generation, business development staff should be front line managing the booth.
Promotions & Giveaways – Promotions and giveaways are ideal, however, there are only so many mints and pens any one individual wants.
1. Choose a promotional item that is unique or at a minimum, useful. For technology, thumb drives, computer lamps or USP ports remain popular.
Get A Name – The most important thing you can do at a trade show is data capture. Get a name.
1. For consumers, contest entries or sweepstakes are ideal for database capture however ensure they don’t require much more information than a name, an email and a phone number. For associates and peers, a business card draw can be an effective tool.
With these simple tips, you have the start for your trade show.
A simply trade show checklist also helps.
Arts and Crafts
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure
Travel Part B