|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
OTHER ITA SITES:
8 Tips To Protect Digital Downloads From Unauthorized File Sharing
Today, there are many webmasters taking up benefit from adding digital downloads to their website, the downloads are of a variety of games, music, movies or any other information such as ebooks or encyclopedia which are downloaded by the users to their own computer from original sites. These digital downloads help the users to make the information and other things handy and they can use them whenever they feel so. The greatest advantage of digital downloads is that they do not include any manufacturing or printing cost and completely eliminates the shipping cost on part of business owner. The files downloaded by the people provide them instant access to the resources available through downloads. Many people nowadays sell their downloads online. They sell ebooks, software, mp3 and audio files and others. However, there are some issues and concerns regarding downloads, which are needed to be given extra care and attention by the webmasters when they sell their downloads.
The popularity of illegal file sharing on Internet is increasing tremendously and its sudden increase is obvious throughout peer to peer site networking. The free access to all MP3 music files or any computer programs by means of registration key code makes it available immediately for everyone. People often evaluate the need of buying expensive software to download their required particulars when they can get a complete functional copy without paying a single penny. Obviously, most of us feel good after getting anything for free. The thing is that if you are selling e.g. ebook, you wouldn’t want it to be shared among thousands of Internet users… This way you could loose a lot of money – lost sales.
Security concern with illegal Digital Downloads
It is already said that webmasters have to be extremely aware while placing digital downloads onto their computers. One of the concerned issues with illegal digital download is piracy which means stealing or downloading an illegal file. With unprotected downloading facilities, anyone can download any information or file without paying for it. Illegal and unauthorized access to the digital downloads gives the pavement for piracy. Therefore, the steps to protect illegal file sharing should be taken.
• While setting up all the digital downloads, a webmaster should make certain that he or she has taken all the necessary precaution against the illegal or unauthorized access to file sharing.
• All the safeguards and security features should be set up by them to keep the unauthorized users away from it. Such securities include the download link or thank-you page link (that are provided for the customer after the successful payment) cloaking.
• Normally, skilled people called hackers who are familiar with programming are much capable to bypass entire systems. If feasible, webmasters must make use of digital download software programs to carry out downloads or they can also set up downloads through other websites in order to ensure its security.
• There are number of programs that can be downloaded by the webmasters in order to ensure protection to their websites or digital downloads. Likewise, online banks contain some kind of digital download program for their protection. These programs are much effective as they are already prepared and all set to go. The webmaster only has to do its installation in the particular website to avoid illegal file sharing. These link cloakers ‘hides’ the real download or thank-you page link, so only the temporary download link is generated for each single buyer. These links expire after some time, so your download could not be shared with other users by one of your buyers.
• Another thing a webmaster can do is to check his or her web host services in order to protect illegal file sharing.
• Ensure password in reference to protect the digital download directories. Password can help keep the files locked and safe from unauthorized access. Also, downloaded pages must not be linked to other web pages of any website in order to make the page isolated and secured.
• Go to the compliance officer who is responsible to protect your files against illegal act.
Protecting illegal file sharing is extremely important as it can pose legal risks and threat to your business. Sometimes it could be hard to set everything up correctly. Or you might need to check out Click2Sell.EU (http://www.click2sell.eu). They allow you to sell your digital products online and provides the complete protection for your files, so your users cannot share their files. You should definitely consider using such services in order to protect your intellectual property from the illegal sharing. This way you could not only protect your business, but also make some additional sales of your product, since those who can’t find your product somewhere available for free, might buy it directly from your website.
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure