|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
OTHER ITA SITES:
10 Tips To A Successful Website
1. Make and develop your own website. Do NOT copy or get websites that have absolutley no value. Always write and create good content for your website visitors. It will be much easier to write, make and develop a website about what you already know.
2. Find your niche. What do you do for a living? What are your interests, your hobbies, your love. Do you like sports? What about working and tinkering with cars/trucks. Do you like skateboarding, gardening, are you a wizard at math, electronics, computers. Do you enjoy the outdoors, traveling, gambling, and music. Why shoot even the 9th grade math expert can tell others about their algebra problems.
3. Once you have that in mind start writing it down. Yes... take a pen and put it on paper. You will probably have tons of content for your website. This is what people want, and more importantly what "google" and the rest of the search engines are craving for. Think about it! More and more people turn to their computer to find a solution to their problem. And you may have the answer.
4. Find a good webhosting company. Do your best to learn HTML Once you have a good working knowledge of that start with CSS, PHP, and others. The main one is HTML. A good domain will cost you as little $2.00 bucks. Webhosting as low as $5.00 bucks a month. When looking for a domain name be sure to use the .com extension and not the .net or the .org extensions. The .com is what most people will remember. What would you rather have? http://repairyourcar.com or http://repairyourcar.org? Most folks will remember http://repairyourcar.com. Their are thousands of websites that will help you with all of the above and many of them are free.
5. Find a good graphics program. The two best are Paint shop Pro and Adobe photoshop. PSP is alot cheaper. You can even find good simple free templates, you don't need to be a graphics genius.
6. S.E's love good simple HTML & CSS content. Once you have that start putting your adsense or affiliate links in place. You don't even need an HTML editor, there is already one in your computer it is called "Notepad".
7. You have probably heard this before but I will say it again. do NOT slap on a bunch of banners, and unrelated links on your page. Stay away from link farms, black hat search optimization tricks and anyone that says "make thousands/millions in 2 months " IT WON'T HAPPEN". Stay away from the "Get rich quick mentality".
8. Read everything positive! Yes read and acquire the knowledge that will help you get what you want. Don't procrastinate. Start today who knows you may someday make enough to quit your day job.
9. Here are 2 words that have helped me with my successful site: Persistence and Determination.
10. Visit and participate in forums, blogs and websites that have valuable information concerning your niche. Write original articles about your niche and submit them to article directories. Remember just type whatever problem you may be having in that little search engine box and "whala" you will probably get the answer!
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure