|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
OTHER ITA SITES:
Wherever you go today, you will face a constant attack of pollution; not only from air, but also from water and noise. There are almost as many types of air pollution as there are potential solutions. No matter what type of air purification system you're looking for, you should know that there is not one product on the market today that can solve every problem.
In order to find out which type of air purification solution is the most suitable for you. It is therefore necessary for you to understand all these five typed of air pollution first.
1. Radon Gas Pollution: Radon is a completely odorless, tasteless and colorless gas, and is the heaviest of all known gasses. It is caused by the radioactive breakdown of uranium inside the earth. When radon is cooled below freezing, it turns a brilliant phosphorescent shade of yellow, which turns orange-red as it gets colder. Radon is also the second leading cause of lung cancer. Smoking exacerbates the affects of radon. Radon is found all around us, in our homes, our yards and the world around us.
Recommended Solution: The best solution to this form of pollution is to first of all test your home (a simple test is available at most hardware stores) and then to seal all cracks and openings in your home's foundation. If the problem merits it, you may need to have a certified contractor install a ventilation system inside your home.
2. Chemical Fumes and Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC). This type of pollution comes from chemicals like benzene and formaldehyde, the chemical fumes that are constantly seeping from carpets, upholstery, furniture, draperies, household cleaning products, beauty products such as nail polish, removers, etc. They also come from cigarette, cigar and pipe smoke, building construction, etc. Many of these chemicals have been identified as carcinogens.
Recommended Solution: Currently the best solution on the market for this type of pollution are products that produce catalytic oxidation.
3. Microbial Causing Pollution. Microbials are microscopic bacteria, fungi, mycotoxins created by a fungus, mildew, mold spores and viruses. They can be as small as .001 microns. Microbials love to live in warm, damp places, or under your carpet, in your walls and in heating and air conditioning ducts.
Recommended Solution: Currently the best solutions on the market for this type of pollution are those that produce oxidation, which kills microbials.
4. Odor Causing Pollution. Odor comes from many different places - food, animals, human bodies, cigarettes, cigars and pipe smoke, sports shoes, clothing and equipment, etc. Although not necessarily dangerous, if you've ever walked into your teenage son's room after he's come back from a football game and taken a deep breath - you know it can be very unpleasant!
Recommended Solution: Currently, the best solutions on the market for this type of pollution are odor sponges, ozone and oxidation.
5. Particulate Causing Pollution. Particulates are those little floating things you see when the sun comes shining in through your windows, and include dust, dust mites, dust mite feces, pet dander, skin flakes (what dust mites eat), pollen, smoke particles and allergens.
Recommended Solution: Currently the best solutions on the market for this type of pollution are infiltration and negative ions.
With this basic understanding about pollution you are now ready to make that all important decision about which system is going to be best for you. The choice is yours!
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure