|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
OTHER ITA SITES:
Advantages Of Pool Covers
A swimming pool needs to have various safety components to prevent accidents happening in and around them. These can be perimeter fencing, pool-surrounding fences and adult supervision. Pool covers are also one such safety component. Safety is the most important and foremost virtue of a swimming pool cover. However, it also saves water that will otherwise be lost to evaporation.
These days, you can choose from a wide range of pool covers, with manual, semi-automatic and automatic systems. The benefits of using a pool cover include reduced pool maintenance costs, solar heating, energy preservation and removal of evaporation. All of these things make up for the cost of a pool cover.
Pool covers are often referred to as "horizontal fences". Unlike conventional fences, pool covers do not isolate the pool deck or backyard, but only the water. A pool cover provides a strong barrier defense as a pool safety device. Various options are available without reducing water features, elevated walls, freeform design, or other pool features.
Water features have become quite popular these days to make a pool spectacular. You can also cover your pool with multiple water features on both ends, with the slide that is only a few inches above the floor.
Tips for Choosing a Pool Cover
Pool covers are available in a number of shapes, sizes and categories. Solar pool covers not only protect your pool, but also warm the water using solar energy. During the winter season, both ground and above ground pool covers will keep dirt, debris and animals out of your pool.
There are certain things that you need to keep in mind when you're shopping for a pool cover:
• Pool covers should be strong. Its function is not only to keep your pool clean, but also to provide safety. The purpose of using a pool cover is to prevent accidental drowning and entering of dirt or debris.
• Your selection for a pool cover must be as per your state and local law requirements. Contact your local authorities to get the related information.
• Check that the pool cover has a warranty. It should be at least for two years for all defects. Make sure you're happy with the kind of customer service provided by the company.
• Overlap length of the pool cover must be bigger than your pool's size. This way, you can safely anchor the pool cover without worrying that your pool is not covered completely.
• Check the pool cover has the required parts for the safe anchoring of it without the fear of slipping. In larger pool covers, a strap or anchor is provided for every four feet of the cover.
Overall, safety must be given first priority while purchasing a pool cover. Make sure that you read all of the instructions given by the manufacturers, and that all the local law requirements of your area are properly fulfilled.
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure