|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
OTHER ITA SITES:
10 Tips to Know Before Buying a Rug
1. Take a photo of the room youíre decorating to the rug store. Itís easy to get distracted or excited and buy the wrong rug. Using an image as reference will keep you on track.
2. The back of a rug will tell you if itís machine or handmade. Stiff fibres running straight up and down probably mean it's a machine rug. If the rug ďpackagesĒ (crumples easily) this means itís most likely handmade.
3. If you have trouble visualizing what a rug will look like in a room, use tape. You can even use a sheet to help you decide what size rug to buy.
4. Padding under the rug will improve the wear and absorb sound, great for hallways and areas with lots of foot traffic. It will also stop the rug from moving.
5. Be careful the pattern of the rug doesnít clash with the curtains.
6. If the room is already decorated, use the rug to help pick out one key hue. If youíre painting or re-papering a room, a colour found in an existing rug can give you inspiration and help bring the room together. Light coloured rugs make a room feel bigger. Dark colours create cosiness.
7. With more than one rug in a room, follow these general guidelines: One rug needs to be dominant in size. All rugs should be similar in at least design/colour. Donít clone with the smaller rug.
8. Rug corners can be a tripping hazard. You can use a triangle of strong double sided tape to stop them curling up.
9. Rotate your rugs on a yearly basis to equalize wear.
10. If you want to add a rug to a wooden floor, make sure you have an eight inch gap around the rugís perimeter.
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure