|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
OTHER ITA SITES:
Add Healthy Fat to your Diet
1. Try to eat fish twice a week, especially salmon, herring or mackerel. Avoid frozen breaded products made with hydrogenated oil.
2. Sprinkle 2 tsp (10 mL) ground flaxseeds on your cereal or yogurt a few times a week.
3. Use olive or canola oil in salad dressing.
4. Choose cookies and crackers that are not made with hydrogenated oil.
5. If you have a craving for chocolate, eat a few squares of good-quality chocolate made without hydrogenated oil.
6. Occasionally sprinkle walnuts, almonds or peanuts over salads, add them to baking or eat as a fast snack.
7. If there's a choice at a cocktail party, nibble on unsalted almonds or walnuts -- both contain unsaturated fats.
8. Occasionally add an avocado to your salad. It's a great source of monounsaturated fat, which is linked to a reduced risk of breast cancer.
9. Buy omega-3 eggs, which come from hens fed on flaxseed. They contain seven to 12 times more omega-3 than regular eggs.
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure