|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
OTHER ITA SITES:
An Indian Rice Delight Makes Taste Buds All Over The World Enter Nirvana
Welcome to the Gourmet Indian Series. Today we bring you Chicken Biryani.
8-10 oz basmati rice rinsed 2 tbsp. olive oil
2 chopped onions
2 chopped garlic cloves
1 tsp. finely chopped fresh ginger
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
½ tsp. ground cumin
1 tbsp. fried onions
2 tbsp. toasted flaked almonds
1 tsp. ground coriander
a pinch of nutmeg
¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
¼ tsp. turmeric
6 fl oz natural yogurt
1 tsp. sugar
3 tbsp. raisins or sultanas
salt and black pepper
1. Boil the rice in 3 pts water with a little salt for 8 minutes, stirring once and keeping the water at a rolling boil.
2. Drain and reserve. Meanwhile, thinly slice the chicken breast.
3. In a large saucepan or casserole with a tight fitting lid heat the oil and fry the onion, ginger and garlic for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
4. Add the chicken, raise the heat and stir fry for 3 minutes.
5. Add all the ground spices and stir again for a few seconds.
6. Add the yogurt and stir for one minute, then add the sugar and raisins or sultanas and stir again. Check seasoning.
7. Put the rice on top then cover the saucepan with foil or a damp tea towel and put the lid on tightly.
8. Reduce the heat to low and cook undisturbed for 10 minutes.
9. Remove from heat and rest, still covered, for 5 minutes.
10. Uncover, sprinkle with the garnishes and serve.
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure