|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
OTHER ITA SITES:
A PEARfectly Fun Snack For Kids
(NC)—Looking for ways to incorporate healthy foods into your kid's snacks that they will actually want to eat? Sweet and juicy fresh pears are a versatile and yummy addition to a lot of childrens' favorite snack foods. Fresh USA Pears are loaded with good-for-you stuff like Vitamin C, potassium and fiber, but they are so sweet that your child won't guess they are eating a very healthy fruit. Pears contain levulose, one of the sweetest known sugars, making them a good alternative to processed sweets since an average size pear has only 100 calories and no saturated fat. You can find a gallery of great kid's recipes and games at www.usapears.com.
In the meantime, here are a few quick and easy ways to add fresh pears to your child's snack menu:
• Add fresh sliced pears to peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
• Top a bowl of frozen low-fat vanilla or chocolate yogurt with wedges of fresh pears.
• Sprinkle chopped pears on hot or cold cereal.
• Halve and core a fresh pear. Fill up the center with one of your child's favorite soft foods. (Jelly/jam, caramel or chocolate sauces are tops on our topping list!)
• Tie pieces of "string cheese" around fresh slices of pears
- News Canada
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure