|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
OTHER ITA SITES:
Are There Ways to Limit the Cost of Home Insurance?
We live in a day and age where it seems like everything is rising in cost. Gasoline has exceeded what many of us thought it would be by this point, milk costs just as much as a gallon of gasoline in many cases, and food costs are even rising. That means we have to cut corners wherever we can to make sure we can make ends meet. Sometimes that even means cutting costs in areas such as home insurance.
But how does one cut their home insurance costs? The insurance company is the one that sets that up, right? Thereís no way that the insurance company could have let any type of savings pass us byÖor could they? The truth is that they could and it isnít always intentional. There are so many ways to save on home insurance, but they are doing their jobs by making sure that they are insuring you. When it comes to saving money, they will help you where they know they can if they think about it. Sometimes it is just necessary that you know where you can save money and then bring it up to them on your own. Believe it or not, that can save both of you time.
How to save
Here are ways that you can cut your home insurance costs:
1. You can always get a multi-line discount. If you carry more than one type of insurance through your provider, you can ask them about a discount. An example is when you carry auto insurance and/or life insurance through the same provider. Sometimes savings can be around 10%.
2. Some insurance companies offer discounts for you allowing them to automatically deduct your payment from your bank account each month.
3. You can always raise your deductible. If you have a $500 deductible, raise it to $1,000. Just make sure you donít raise it higher than what you can afford in case you need to pay that deductible later on.
4. Let your insurance provider know when you make repairs to your home. A safer home leads to lower premiums, so this is something to let them know.
5. You need to look over your policy every year. The reason is because your policy may cover certain belongings. If there is something you donít own anymore, you donít want to pay insurance on it.
6. You can always contact your stateís insurance department to ask them what they believe you can do to save money. They can even tell you which insurance companies you can avoid.
7. If you have to, you can ask the insurance company for information on all of the discounts that they offer. They should be able to gather up that information for you.
8. If you find that your insurance company is stingy on the discounts, you can always shop for a new provider who will offer you any or all of the previously listed methods to save money on your home insurance.
All you have to do is ask
It is easy to see that there are great ways for you to save money on your home insurance. Sometimes all you have to do is ask. Your provider doesnít want to lose your business, so they will do what they can to inform you of what discounts are available to you. If a discount is the difference between them retaining you as a customer and you going somewhere else for coverage, then they are going to make sure they donít experience a 100% loss by losing you. If the loss of a discount is all theyíre going to lose, then that becomes worth it for both of you.
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure