|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
OTHER ITA SITES:
Using Your Veteran Benefits is Academically Beneficial
As a former military service member, you now plan to attend college at a four or two year institution. You are not quite sure of how to get started using your veteran’s benefits or how many years you have to utilize your VA benefits. These benefits may somewhat vary depending upon the university or college you plan on attending. Below are some documents needed by schools (VA Campus Service) from you or your dependents to receive funding to assist you in degree completion?
• An application that is utilized for Chapters 30, 31, 35, 1606 and 1607. Chapter 30-for the veterans using benefits, Chapter 31-for veterans using vocational rehabilitation with a percentage of disability, Chapter 35-for dependents such as spouse, children and qualified adopted children, 1606 & 1607-for reservist using benefits.
• Discharge Copy of your DD214-Copy number (4)-when leaving the military or copy of your NOBE-as a Reservist-Notice Of Basic Eligibility
• For dependent usage of veteran’s benefits spouse should submit a copy of marriage certificate, qualified dependents should submit a copy of their birth certificate.
• Veteran or dependents should declare a major of intent to the department in which they plan to matriculate in. This copy should also be submitted to the VA school official.
• The veteran or dependents need to also submit a copy of their letter of acceptance from the Admission’s Office to the certified veteran official for benefits.
• Finally, if veterans or dependents have attended a university or college previously, these transcripts should also be submitted to the VA official. As a former member of the military you have ten years from the date of leaving the military to use your military benefits.
• Once all these documents are submitted to your certified veteran’s official, new enrollees can began receiving benefits within sixty to ninety days.
Please keep in mind these documents maybe somewhat similar and different depending on the institution of choice. They are used as guidelines for submitting information in applying for VA Benefits only. Check with your school VA Officer for direct information.
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure