|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
OTHER ITA SITES:
How To Prepare For Tests and Guarantee an A
1. Create a timeline. Once you determine the day of the testwork backwards. Budget a specific amount of time everyday. Consider other homework, projects and time neededto study for other classes as you create your schedule.
2. Review a little each night. Do not wait until a test isannounced to begin preparing for your test. Consider whatwould be easier – reviewing for 5-10 minutes a night orcramming for three hours the night before a test and onlyremembering a fraction of what you studied?
3. Don't just re-read notes or the text. Ask questions. Createflash-cards. Redo assignments. Create time-lines. Playgames. Re-write your notes. Get someone to quiz you.Find websites online that review the same material. Makeup questions that you think will be on the test. Create newoutlines of the material by writing some specific topics andfilling in the details from memory. Studying should be anactive process, not just time spent re-reading something.
4. Ask the teacher what the format for the test will be. Will itcontain multiple choice, true-false, short answer, essay,diagrams, graphs, equations, etc.? Will any informationsuch as a periodic table or equations be provided for youon the day of the test? Do you need to bring a calculator?
5. Visit your teacher or tutor for extra help. Bring questionsthat you may have or ask for ideas regarding the best wayto study for a particular assessment.
Go to www.live-etutor.com to learn more about online tutoring and watch a virtual tour inside of our online classroom. All tutors are screened, qualified and ready to help your child get better grades!
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure