|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
OTHER ITA SITES:
How Do I Get My CEUS Online?
It’s that time again: you need continuing education units (CEUS) to renew your professional license or credentials. Certification organizations, government licensing boards, and professional societies require continuing education (CE) for licensing. While some people plan carefully and attend courses, conferences, and seminars, others get caught behind. Such is the predicament facing nurses, marriage and family therapists, and social workers in need of continuing education every few years.
The International Association for Continuing Education and Training gives the following definition of a Continuing Education Unit:
• One (1) CEU is equal to ten (10) contact hours of participation in an organized continuing education experience under responsible sponsorship, capable direction, and qualified instruction.
• One contact hour is 50 consecutive clock minutes in a board-approved continuing education class or activity.
Instruction must come from a continuing education program recognized by the licensing board of your particular profession. Upon completion, your CEU records not only supply evidence to licensing boards of successfully passing the courses, but they also give employers information about your training.
Luckily, getting CEUS is easier than ever with the internet. Whether you’re an LCSW, an MFT, a nurse, or another professional in need of continuing education, there are a variety of CE offerings online. Online CEUS offer several advantages:
• Save time. You can complete CEUS online at your own pace. If your deadline is approaching quickly, you don’t have to wait for books, materials, or tests to be mailed back and forth. You can finish your online education in a matter of a few days, whereas through traditional mail could take up to 30 days. You also don’t have to wait for your conference or seminar to roll around and save commuting time.
• Gain Instant Access. After signing up, you get immediate access to reading materials and tests. You receive instant feedback on your test scores, and upon successful completion, you can print the course certificate from the comfort of home.
• Save Money. The online environment does not have the same overhead that conferences, seminars, and colleges do. Most online courses cost less than $10 per CEU. Compare that to hundreds of dollars you’d pay for CEUS at conferences or college courses.
Make sure your online CEUs will be accepted.
When considering online CEUS, verify that your course will count towards your CEU requirements. Requirements vary by state, so be sure to check with the professional licensing board over your jurisdiction. Save yourself the hassle: get an answer in writing before you start.
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure