|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
OTHER ITA SITES:
10 Mistakes to Avoid When Building a Home Based Business
A home based business will provide you with an exciting way to earn money and be your own boss and to gain independence and financial freedom. The home-based business trends report reveals that service businesses are hot news for 2008, allowing aspiring entrepreneurs to start their home based businesses quickly and without the hassles associated with inventory management and control.
Some of the home-based businesses you can start today are:
It is easy to start a work at home based business, but much more difficult to build it, to make it succeed, to avoid the traps , pitfalls , frustrations and enjoy the fruits of success over the years. Among the thousands of entrepreneurs over the past 10 years, the following mistakes among the home based businesses are given below:
1. Lack of capital: Capital includes time, money and motivation. Some have one or two, but not all three, and they fail because they cannot sustain growth in their business.
2. Fear: Either a person has a sense of being overwhelmed by the business start-up or a refusal to master the work involved with being an entrepreneur with a home business. You need specific skills to own and run a successful home based business. Learn them and you can master a home business!
3. No planning and too many random efforts: Some home based business owners try some direct mailing, offer free samples, try a little radio, etc. and then state that they've tried everything. Pick only one and stay the course. Become identified with your marketing techniques. Choose your logo, name, plan, and marketing techniques and stay the course!
4. Lack of commitment: Building a work at home based business is risky. Some people perceive the risk as huge. But home based business risks are significantly less than other types of businesses. Manage your risks, limit your potential losses and understand your risks. Stay committed!
5. Refusal to target an audience. No one can sell their home based business services to everyone. Your Internet marketing efforts that goes to everyone is unlikely to create sales to all.
6. Confusing message. Be precise and specific on the exact benefits that your home based business provides. And make it easy for people to contact you.
7. Choosing wrong audiences. A market that cannot pay or an audience that is too small results in disaster. Poor people desperately need medical or legal services, but who is going to pay you? The same when attempting to reach people that are dispersed over a large area and not easily identified.
8. Too little relationship building. Advertising works well for products where customers see the results. The more people know you, your professionalism and quality, the more business you will do. Build large networks of relationships.
9. Having a product or service that fails to produce as promised. Don't be incompetent. Use current technology and don't be sloppy in your delivery. Only one mistake can undermine client confidence and trust.
10. Laziness and greed. To succeed with a home based business, you must serve your customers! The statement "I want to be my own boss with a business that supports me." may be true, but you still need to focus on customers first!
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure