After The Sale
Enjoy your car... that's simple huh? Well it's not really that simple. Here is a list of things to think about after the sale.
- Notify your insurance agent about the new car.
- Read the entire owners manual. Familiarize yourself with the service requirements. Understand when you need to change oil, filters, and other major things like timing belt and driveline fluids.
- Get used to operating the heating/AC controls and the radio so you do not have to fumble around and risk an accident while on the highway.
- Pop the hood and find the oil filler cap, the oil dipstick. If you bought a car with an automotive transmission there will be a dipstick for the transmission fluid also.
- Find the spare tire and jack. Make sure you know where to jack the car when changing a tire and how to remove the spare when you need it. There is nothing worse than getting a flat tire in a new car and having to struggle to change it the first time.
- Accessorize! It's your car and it should make a statement about you. There are plenty of aftermarket items to make your new car unique like yourself. Wheels, bug guards, window visors and more are all available at part houses like CarParts.com
Kevin Schappell maintains http://www.carbuyersclub.com where he gives advice on car maintenance, buying, selling, insurance, and financing. A mechanical engineer and car guy, Kevin has decided to spend his online time helping others learn about automobiles. firstname.lastname@example.org
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure