|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
OTHER ITA SITES:
8 Must Know Tips Before Buying A Radar Detector
Radar detectors are electronic devices designed to detect radio waves. Radar detectors detect radio signals across a range of wavelengths ---X, K, Ka and Ku. Radar detectors are used for a variety of purposes across the world. Radar detectors help alert motorists regarding speed traps and radar guns. Radar detectors are also used in tracking, fishing, and exploration.
When buying a radar detector consider:
1. What you are going to use it for? State of the art radar detectors are expensive so you would need to have a clear idea of what you would like to spend.
2. Think about whether you are going to install the radar detector yourself or are you going to have it professionally installed.
3. It is important to choose a radar detector manufactured by a well known electronics company and a radar that can detect a wide range: Ka, K, X, and so on.
4. Try and get a radar detection unit that has a minimum of 100db. Ideally a unit with a memory function is desirable.The more sensitive a radar unit is the more beneficial it will be.
5. Look for a radar unit with a clear display that can be seen at night. Find one that has an adjustable volume as well as mute option.
6. Ask for a long range detector with high sensitivity.
7. Find out what the technical specifications are as well as the pros and cons of the radar detector.
8. Try and get a radar detector model that has a city/ highway mode. This will limit false alarms greatly.
9. Look for radar detectors with extra features like Vg-2 Alert and Vg-2 Non-detection. These features are valuable in states where using radar detectors is illegal.
10. Ask whether the detector has a voice feature this will ensure that the driver is not disturbed.
Radar detectors retail between USD 100-200 . choose a well known brand like BEL, Escort, K40, or Valentine One. They manufacture radar detectors using updated technologies and take market competition seriously.
Radar detectors can be bought retail or online. Online sites sell the best radar detectors at the most affordable rates. You can mount radar detector on the windshield, dash, or visor. If you want a radar detector custom mounted you will have to spend over a 1000 dollars. Experts recommend an easy to remove mounting system so that you can use the same radar detector in different cars.
Take the advice of experts on the best detector to buy and its placement. Electronics are being constantly upgraded so find out aspects like the frequency in your area and the kind of speed detectors that are in use by the police before making a purchase.
Before you invest in a radar detector find out what the laws in your state are.
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure