|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
OTHER ITA SITES:
Beginner Quilting - Instructions For Chenille Quilts
Chenille is a tufted velvety yarn is known as soft or Imitation chenille. Unlike some of the other quilting textile which you can find on the market, chenille is not very old textile. It’s popularity only arises only in the recent times. Ten odd years ago its existence was not common.
Not many quilters actually had the chance to use them in their quilting projects. It existence is not as famously known as that of silk or cotton. The corporeal is smooth, mild & synthetic. In semblance also it is soft feathery.
At present, chenille has its own brightness with numerous qualities. These are the qualities which make chenille quilt unique as compared with other quilting fabrics. Its distinctiveness had made chenille one of the much sought after quilting fabrics of all time.
As chenille quilt is a kind of soft cloth with perfect look that’s why is excellent to prepare gift quilt, bedspreads & lap quilts. In 1996 designer Christine Bramhall also designed chenille jacket which later on became the talking point of the fashion industry.
Please follow these instructions carefully when you are working on your quilting projects:
1. Pre-wash the textile separately. Please do ensure the colors don't fade and the textile doesn’t shorten. Then well dry the textile & Iron it later including the sprinkle starch. Try to be attentive that the textile be completely dry & dense with out wrinkles. Dry clean would be a better option if you can avoid washing.
2. More the layers and varied designs give chenille quilt a royal appearance. It can be used in different ways such as an appliqué pattern or block pattern. Place the base textile on the bottom & layer textile on top. Flat a textile & pin the layers together.
3. On every side stitch 5 or 6 layers of textile together keep away the pins. Later on the stitches are to be detached therefore stitches should be done loosely. While using block quilt patterns cut the textile as stated and make simple blocks as directed. Don’t let to slip from the mind to use the combination of textile while through it with chenille.
4. As the pieces joins do lining, batting and quilting as you would for any other quilting fabrics. Better to ensure do not quilt above chenille pieces as it looses it’s feather with the stitches on it.
5. Put attaching next to the edges using 2.5 inches attaching folded lengthwise. Be careful that never attach chenille. Always use silk as it is permanent and stronger cloth you can also feather the chenille by moderate wash drying with air blow.
Chenille is extent to use, as appearence can be swollen and warmer than normal quilt. They also require additional care like any of your precious things might require. These quilt do not ask for a wash regularly.
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure