|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
OTHER ITA SITES:
10 Tips For Great Scrapbooking
1) Use only archival quality papers and materials. Items should be acid free.
2) Work backwards. Start with current photographs and work your way backward in time. Start with what you know before you forget!
3) Journal – a lot of times other people don’t know the story associated with your photographs. Be sure to include the who, what, where, why, and when in most layouts. Be specific. Can be handwritten, which is more personal or typed out, your choice.
4) Focus on your photos, not your backdrop. Don’t put too much into your pages that it loses your actual photos. Coordinate the colors in your pictures with your matting colors and backgrounds.
5) As you get your pictures developed, sort your pictures according to theme or date depending on the album you are working on.
6) Have several albums/projects going at one time. This avoids boredom and allows you to switch back and forth between themes.
7) Don’t necessarily scrapbook in order of event. Work on what you are in the mood for. Don’t do a page because it is chronologically the next one to do. Use albums that you can change around your pages if necessary.
8) Don’t fret about creativity. We ALL have creativity and individual personality. Let your personality shine in your albums. Do what YOU like. Anything goes in scrapbooking, nothing you do is “wrong”.
9) If you are stumped for ideas, take a look at a friend’s scrapbook, utilize books/magazines or take classes! I’d love to help you and share ideas!
10) Most of all…..have FUN! This is your time to reflect on your past by pictures….future generations are sure to enjoy what you have created!
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure